Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

SysMailer API Send Email through code in Dynamics AX 2012

As part of our Dynamics AX 2012 Implementation project, I was testing and configuring Workflows for Dynamics AX2012.

Now, I have setup a basic PR workflow, and alert notifcations works fine both via EP and thin client, but email notifications were not working properly, so as part of that exercise I just googled out to see if there's any simple job which uses SysMailer API to send emails out from AX.

Didn't had to go that far before I hit Brandon's blog who back in 2005 had posted an excellent code snippet  about sending mails out of AX using SysMailer (very basic and it does the job) - exactly what I was looking out to test my outgoing emails.


Now, 6 years fast forward, we are in AX 2012, It's good to see Microsoft has retained the SysMailer API and it's still stands out as the core engine for Email Framework with some minor changes which I have commented below (Change in AX2012)








2 comments:

ArmyPratama said...

i've got some error when that code paste in jobs aot ax2012

Method 'send' in COM object of class 'CDO.Message' returned error code 0x8004020E () which means: .

can you solve this problem ?

Rikitita said...

It means that Your smtp server is wrong or that You do not have permissions to use it.